Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Girl's Night for Me & G&G "E"

Last Friday was a much needed "Girl's Night Out" for a handful of those young moms in our ward. When I was working Full Time, I just assumed I didn't hang out with the gals my age in my ward because I was always working & didn't have any kids. Now that I'm a SAHM, I realized that I want to do something...I better just DO it! So the 7 of us had dinner at Olive Garden & saw the wonderful chick flick that most likely none of our hubbies would see with us:I LOVED it! (other than the small handful of unnecessary bad words...grr.) I've always loved (or made fun of in a loving way) Julia Child & need we mention how much I love food in general? In 8th grade I did a big ol' research paper on "Cooking" & the oral presentation was done as a spoof on Ms. Julia which was so fun to do & scored me a mighty nice grade. The movie had me chuckling the whole time at Meryl Streep's portrayal. Plus I'm always in heaven when I see anything with French stuff in it. Too much fun! SO glad we all went somewhere together & hope we can do it again...sooner than later!
The next day, Matt's folks: Grandma & Grandpa Easterbrook (or EEE-eee-book as Spencer says) came to stay with us. It was fun to be included in this leg of their vacation as they make the rounds of family visits. YAY! Spencer's still a bit tricky to keep still, but we kind of got a shot of 'em! Fun fun for everyone!

1 comment:

leah said...

Cool! A few ladies from my ward and I did the same thing! Except, because of some of our late working husbands (including mine) we had to opt for dessert rather than dinner- but it was still SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to get away from our kids and do something fun for ourselves! It was a really entertaining movie and we all wanted to eat gourmet food afterwards...except for that weird jello duck dish or whatever that was.