Thursday, September 10, 2009

Calling All Disneyland Experts!

Okay, so the countdown has begun. Next week, we will be embarking on a fantastic outing to one of my favorite places on earth. (Honestly, if something is referred to as"The Happiest Place on Earth," what's not to love?) I haven't been in several years and have been going through some serious withdrawls. So, when they announced their free admission on your b-day, I figured this might be our only chance in a looooong while to go. We all know I love FREE. Free for me, and free for Spencer. Matt's the only admission to worry about.
So, I'm looking for a little advice. This will be Spencer's first visit meaning my first visit with a toddler. Anyone out there have any tips for D-land with a near 2 1/2 year old? I'm trying to research as much as I can online, but anyone have a favorite restaurant that has relatively good deals? (I can only smuggle in so many PB&J's before they get suspicious.) Any tips to avoid the mass of morning traffic on the freeway? Any pattern of rides to go on first, or what to skip? (Other than the obvious ride closures or height/health restrictions for Spencer Pants & his preggers mom?) Where's the best place to view the parade? Anyone?

3 comments:

The Everts said...

Ok, so since we went twice this year with both boys and last year when I was pregnant, I'll give you some advice. :) The pizza place by Space mountain is pretty good as far as kids meals go. Also when you're coming into frontier land (walking towards pirates) there is a little place that sells chicken strips, fries (the regular) that is pretty good and pretty ok with prices. I took Ethan on Pirates when I was pregnant. He was a little scared but soon got over the fear once the singing started, and Haunted Mansion he did fine on too. He loved Winnie the pooh, Astroblasters, Peter Pan, (warning... VERY long line. Best to go on this ride as soon as you get there.) Small World etc. I don't really recommend Snow White or Mr. Toads because they are such a short ride, such a long wait and kinda scary for little ones. Not really worth it. Try to do all the smaller kiddie rides around meal times because it seems to be that they are less crowded then (from my experience and EARLY in the morning). Dumbo is a good one too. Th whale ride (it's called Storybook or something has a long line and not too exciting for kids. At least the ones that won't sit still) We have sat near small world for the parade. That way you can jet to toon town once you're done (they have an awesome play area for kids to run around on and a trolly etc) and skip all the crowds trying to get to another ride. Plus that's where the parade starts so you don't have to wait too long to see everything. There is a tree by the small world gift shop. You have shade and a seat when you sit there. I pack as much food as I can and only get dinner there. I'll buy lunch for Fred and I but lunch for the kids is covered. Hope this helps!! Have so much fun, I LOVE Disneyland!!!!!

Melissa said...

Annie, you got some good advice there. But be advised that if you go on a day where there are two parades, they start near It's a Small World once but start from the other end at Main Street the other time. I don't know which they do first. You may have to ask someone. You also have to pick your spot for the parade 45-60 minutes early, or you won't get a good seat. I would suggest having you or Matt save your spot while the other one does more stuff with Spencer until just before the parade starts.

Anonymous said...

Um...call me!