Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Quite Taken with "Taken."

First Monday of the month = Free Redbox DVD rental at our house! Woo hoo! (With the promo code acquired from http://www.dealseekingmom.com/ of course. Get on their email list for fun free stuff!)
Last night we watched "Taken" with Liam Neeson. Didn't really hear anything about it when it was in theaters but heard a few friends give it good reviews.
We were on the edge of our seats through virtually the ENTIRE movie! (Probably would not recommend watching it with your teenage son however, as one lady in our ward unknowingly & awkardly did. Think Law & Order SVU.) It could even be better if it had been "Clean-Flix-atized" to remove a couple of those bad words, argh. I'm not normally an action flick fan, but Mr. Neeson was surprisingly convincing in the role. Very younger Harrison Ford-esque. Plus, I'm kind of a sucker for things that take place in Paris. Makes me feel for a brief moment that my years studying French in HS & College weren't completely in vain. (Then I wake up & realize that I live in Southern California & seemingly everyone but me speaks Spanish.)
All in all, a very captivating movie. I would've even paid the normal Redbox $1 for it! (Shocking, I know.) But if Matt & I could enjoy the same movie...it's worth it to me!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm afraid to see that movie. Alas, I cannot find movies that both Jacob and I would enjoy. There are many at Redbox I would like to see, but I'm going to have to wait until he goes out of town and watch them on my own.

The Everts said...

I LOVED this movie too!! Although I thought the end was a little eh. But overall, very very good. On the edge of our seats and like you, both Fred and I enjoyed it!