Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Day trips!

Okay, so I was sick last Sunday. I even missed church. (WHAT?!) Yet, by Wednesday I was feeling better & ready to get back to some Summer Fun. Hope I don't relapse! Couldn't pass up a trip to the beach with the Lisonbees & Millers. (The ladies, that is.)
Spencer loved gettin' in the ocean. Unfortunately for me. He kept running back to the water over & over again. (Gotta teach this kid to hold my hand or say, "Come on, mom" before taking off like a rocket.)
Not a very flattering photo of me. And no, I'm not wearing white tights. Those really are my legs.
Havin' fun with the ladies. It seems all his friends are girls. Or, all my friends have girls.Then, Friday we were lucky enough to go to the Circus with Carrie & Aurora. Carrie won 4 FREE tickets from the library. (I LOVE the library. And things that are free. I've already established that. Did I mention today 7/11 is free Slurpee Day at 7-11? Sorry...easily distracted.)
And for FREE tickets, we amazingly sat only 8 rows from the floor. WOW! They sure know how to put on a show! We got pics with the clowns during the pre-show & the elephants were so AWEsome! (Sorry PETA, but we like the Elephants in the Circus.) Spencer even had his first taste of Cotton Candy.
Here's the kids with their 1st clown. They weren't so sure if they liked clowns at this point.
Things didn't change much. Can't say that I blame 'em. But, SO much fun! Thanks Carrie for letting us tag along!Now...can I take a nap?

2 comments:

leah said...

I missed church last Sunday because I got the stomach flu from Boedy- yuck! Glad you had fun at the beach. We're trying to make it there to CA in a week.

Megan said...

You guys have been having fun! Your 4th of July french toast look amazing and the banner. Sheesh! You are so creative! I think we mom's and kiddies need to take a little excursion to the beach soon. what do you think? Love the pics!!