Monday, July 27, 2009

Just FELT I should share...

After a brief craft hiatus, I jumped back in the saddle for some birthday presents for my cutie patootie nieces for their party last night. I finally put my mind to the felt crafts I've been wanting to make since I first delved into the felt scene a year or so ago.
First, for Miss Allegra who just turned "1":
A flower headband. (It matched a springy print blouse that I forgot to take a picture of.)And yes, this photo is of Spencer. I am cruel & inhumane. And no, Matt currently does not have knowledge that his son is photographed wearing girl paraphernalia. I needed a model. For my punishment, you now have a close-up look at why I should not be cutting his hair. (In my defense, it was very hot in the bathroom, and he was squirmy & anxious to jump in the tub.)

And, my favorite, for the soon to be "3" year old Aurora, which I've been dying to make ever since I got the idea from the Palm Desert Children's museum back at this old post here....
Felt Pizza!It was way too much fun to make. I even sprang for a mini side-salad with a tomato & some bow ties (which turned out to be so easy and fun, although Spencer thought they were a bit too realistic. Sorry if you're missing a bow-tie, Aurora.)
Now, I'm back in the crafty mood & I can't wait to try some more ideas. Yay!

2 comments:

leah said...

WOAH! That felt pizza is amazing! I've never known someone to do so much with felt! SO FUN! I want one! Also, I loved that Spencer was your model. I let Boedy try on my headbands all the time and Toby gets a little disturbed when he sees me taking pictures of Boedy with them on. Ah, they're still young..they'll never remember...until we show the pictures to their future girlfriends! HA! Hey, we gotta have payback for all the crazy things they pull on us now! You are brave to cut Spencer's hair by the way. I always make Toby help me do it because I am clueless about hair cutting.

karen said...

love the pizza. so cool!