1) Strawberries with Sour Cream & Brown Sugar.
2) Bean Burritos with Cream Cheese.
3) Popcorn with Hot Tamales.
This one came from Aunt Darice. Pop some of your favorite popcorn, & when hot, toss in the Hot Tamales & they'll get warm & kind of chewy, giving your popcorn a fun cinnamon kick. Along the same popcorn vein, I'm sure there are numerous creative popcorn toppings out there. I had an old co-worker who would sprinkle Top Ramen Seasoning on her popcorn. I believe it was the Chili flavor, not chicken or beef. That might be a little too weird; even for me.)4) Waffles with Peanut Butter.
Am I crazy (don't answer that) or was I introduced to this one by Kayleen? Before you slop on that maple syurp, slather a layer of peanut butter on those hot toasty waffles. Then you can bring in Aunt Jemima & the sweet maple & creamy peanut butter makes for some yummy eats. (Just make sure you have something to drink close by.)While we're discussing waffles, how could I forget another Tippets Family Tradition: Conference Waffles...with ICE CREAM & Fruit!
(Come on, think waffle cones.) Yes, for breakfast! A very frequent breakfast when we stayed at Grandma & Grandpa T.'s house, but we narrowed it down to just a General Conference treat...or other special occasions. Think, vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches, or strawberries + blueberries for 4th of July morning. Or, if you just go hog wild, you can have chocolate syrup & whipped cream, too. (Might as well.)5) Hmm...now that I'm thinking of ice cream. When we were on a church history trip & traveled through Vermont (Home to Ben & Jerry's as well as Yummy Maple Syrup) they taught us to marry their two "State exports."
That was the first time I had gooey Maple Syrup on my Cherry Garcia. YUM! If you're shy to the idea, you can start with an ice cream in a more similar taste department like Butter Pecan, or Apple Pie, or even something Heath Bar-ish.Now, tell me...what are your quirky food pairings?
5 comments:
Ooh! These all sound so yummy! And I love Hot Tamales! We used to put peanut butter on pancakes. Have you ever put fruit salad and whipped cream on waffles? That's yummy, too. We also used to toss popcorn (one at a time) into tomato soup. I can't think of any more pairings right now, but I'll let you know when I do!
Ooo!! How could I forget about fruit on waffles?! That's a family tradition! (I'll have to amend my post.) (And try your yummy ideas, too!)
I didn't realize I was the one who introduced you to peanut butter on waffles. My dad showed me that one. Maybe it came from Oklahoma or something... i donno it's just good. :]
Yum! I'm drooling!
Annie, I stumbled on your blog from Mique's...I had to tell you we tried the strawberries/sour cream/brown sugar combo last week and looooved it! A new family favorite, so thanks!
~Hanamaikais :)
Post a Comment