Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Love is in the Air..."

Oh, how I love the soundtrack to Strictly Ballroom!
And I love Valentine's Day. (I know, don't I say I love every holiday?) Here's a taste of how I've spread the love throughout the house:
Presenting, the world's cheapest banner:I cut out the letters from the side of an old cardboard box with an Exacto knife. Painted them red (I probably could've even skipped that step) glued 'em up & sprinkled on some of Grandma B.'s old glitter for some Pizazz. Hot Glued some loops of ribbon that (get this) came from a tag on some khaki's I bought a few months back. Assuming you have all the components on hand, this puppy was FREE!

(Didn't I say I was done with banners? Yeah, I know.) Here's one I whipped out for an ol' friend yesterday.

Touched up an idea I found online in Photoshop to make it Valentine-y & framed it up. A little hard to read here, but it says, "You are my 'tweet' heart." Awww...

Brought out the crayon hearts I made years ago à la Martha Stewart Living.
Here are hers:
Here are mine...after 1/2 of them disappeared after oh, 8 years or so.
Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the soundtrack to Strictly Ballroom, too! I just need to find that cd.... And I'm still waiting for the movie to come out on DVD.

Betty said...

Very cute Annie! I wished we lived closer so we could do a craft night together!!

leah said...

Wow- I loved that photoshop thing you did! It look so pro! And, I can't believe you made that banner so low budget- it looks amazing. I will have to look up those crayon hearts- they look really cute!