Monday, December 15, 2008

Tag. I'm it.

Okay, Ms. Melissa. Here goes nothin'. (And here is my "Award" that she bestowed upon me. I guess I'm supposed to post that, too. Aw, gawrsh.)SEVEN THINGS I LOVE (OR LIKE, OR AM MODERATELY FOND OF)
Other than the obvious: Family, Faith, etc.
1) Making Christmas memories.
As my sister & I have recently (okay, last night after the Stake Christmas Concert) discussed: We're beginning to hate Christmas. Okay, maybe hate is a strong term. Christmas is different for those who are musically inclined. Especially those that play piano. Singing a song is one thing...accompanying 5 others on top of it is another. Soooo....to get to my point...amidst the season (for us) of rehearsals & practicing yourself & "get togethers to practice" with them when you have Christmas Shopping & visiting teaching to do...to find time to make those Christmas memories with my kid that I've looooonged to do for so long...is absolutely priceless. Like this: Visiting a house that looks like (pardon the reference) Christmas threw up on it. While I used to think these were tacky...now they are so fun! So cute to see Spencer stare & whisper "Whhow."
2) Clean sleep.
Okay, I'll explain. Going to bed at night when you've just done a load of laundry with the sheets, pj's & towels. Taking a shower, drying off with the clean towel, getting into the clean pj's & climbing into the clean sheets. Doesn't happen often, as I don't normally shower at night, but ooohhh...so nice. While I'm on the topic, I must add that I'm weird & can't get into an unmade bed. Weird irk of mine. I have to be the one to turn down the sheets. Even growing up when I'd get home from a Stake Dance & my folks had so kindly turned down the sheets for me...I'd have to re-make the bed, go brush my teeth & come back & get in. I don't know if I feel like the sheets get cold, or dusty or what. I'm just weird.
3) Yummy Scents.
I had a fascination with perfume when I was a tween (much to my parents' dismay) & while that has fizzled a bit (still love lotion, though) I've moved on to other scents that make me happy. Scotch tape. (Yes, we've already established that I'm weird.) Freshly baked molasses cookies, bread or brownies. Real Christmas Trees. The ground after it rains. Popcorn/kettle corn. French Fries.
4) Fall.
I know, we're on to Christmas now, but I'll always love Fall the best. The colors, leaves, Cinnamon, cloves, apples etc.
5) Naptime.
I really do love Spencer. Yet, I really love the peaceful quiet & productivity of naptime, too.
6) The Tiger Blanket.Those in my family know. Numerous relatives on my dad's side of the family have inherited similar blankets circa the 1980's from my grandparents. They are fuzzy & incredibly warm. Although they are a bit tacky in my opinion (dare I say, borderline "White Trash") & I've tried other cuter blankets...I always come back to this one. It's cotton/acrylic fibers must be laced with some sort of drug that is far too powerful for my resistance. For every time I sit on the couch to watch a movie, TV or whatever...it's all over. I will undoubtedly... fall... asleep. It is impossible to fight. I've tried. I've involved myself in some craft project, reading, writing. No luck. My efforts are futile against it. Yet I love it still the same.
7) Funeral Potatoes
To be brutally honest, I'm not the biggest fan of recipes that call for "Cream of anything Soup"...but there are a few exceptions, and this is one of my favorites. Ahh...just as long as no one has to kick the bucket for us to enjoy them.

And there you have it. A bit wordy, but those are some of the random things I love that I can think of at the moment. If you have suffered through & read my ramblings & have your own blog...consider yourself tagged.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How did I not include naptime in my own list? By the way, you were supposed to take the "kreative blogger award" from my site and put it on yours. You weren't just tagged, you got an AWARD (even if it does iclude a fake spelling of a word). I loved your list and I love that you are weird:)

April said...

Yes, yes it's true..those blankets from Grandma and Grandpa T are the best! They are tacky, but they are the BEST thing to cuddle in. For some reason I think that G and G T. got them in Tijuana.....serious!

Carrie L said...

G&GT went to Tijuana? That just has disaster written ALL over it! Annie, we are SO related!

Linda Tippets said...

You REMADE your bed after I had turned the covers down! I'm crushed.