Okay, so I tend to be a worry wart when I don't know what to expect. In less than a week, we will be flying to Houston for Christmas to be with Matt's family. The "Christmas with Matt's family" part is fun. It's the flying...with Spencer...that I'm a little panick-y about.
I'm sure I have nothing to worry about, yet I like to prepare & am (in my eyes) running short on time to do so. So, please...if you have experienced flying with a toddler...could you lend me your favorite tips? (Unfortunately, he couldn't care less about DVDs. Sigh.)
3+ hour flight with a squirmy 20 month-er on my lap and all the gear we need to schlep. (sp?) I'm trying not to hyperventilate.
Flight to TX during naptime, flight home during dinner time.
Help? Please?
6 comments:
Totally understand cause Jared could care less about DVDs. Take plenty of treats. Jared's favorite was M&Ms. He is totally into books so I packed entire backpack of just books to look at. With any luck he will sleep for you. We will keep our fingers crossed. While you are in Houston if you need to take a tour of the Blue Bell ice cream factory head out our way to Brenham. We will be here!
buy all the stuff you can get your hands on at the dollar store- pull each item out one by one- also- Dumb Dumbs- and LOTS of them ;) good luck!
Two words: tranquilizer darts.
I've flown with my kids several times cross country (LA to Washington DC). Here are the necessities: food, chewing gum (to help ears pop), portable dvd player and 1 or 2 dvds, crayons and a coloring book, a small blanket and pillow, and bottled water.
Good luck!
Yeah, we're flying to Virginia with all three of ours. You'd think we'd be experts by now. But all I know about is that they tell you sit down when you're trying to help your child after she's thrown up during takeoff, and that you should never trust a man to change a "blow-out" diaper on a plane.
Benadryl. Nuf said. =)
Glad I found your blog!!! - Nikki Pollard
Post a Comment