1) A week or so ago, Matt gave me the ol' "Oh-we're-having-a-potluck-tomorrow-at-work-&-I'm-supposed-to-bring-dessert" routine. He really wanted to make a cake. Or...he really wanted me to make him a cake. Plus... he's an artist remember, so he's a bit particular. So, I found some really cute ideas online.

I tried to combine the two concepts, but at about 1am Thursday night realized that it wasn't working because they used fondant & my feeble attempt at hand-piping canned frosting was a little too wobbley to come even close.
2) I started & finished #2. Why? I don't know. Maybe I don't like TV as much as I used to. Or, maybe I will like it better when the election is over with.

3) I'm thinking of giving Spencer a new nickname.

4) The arrival of fall has brought a chill to our mornings, which I love...but makes me a bit worried that "Linus" will keep warm since he usually sleeps on instead of under his blanket. To add to this worry, I discovered him this morning like this:
2 comments:
Wow, Matt should be grateful for all the work you put into that great cake! And up until 1 am doing it! That's what you get for being an artist and marrying one! Spencer cracks me up. I think him and Boedy would have good times together. They remind me of each other.
So is Spencer going to be Linus for Halloween?
Post a Comment