Wednesday, October 1, 2008

R.I.P.

May we please have a moment of silence for our dearly departed.Last night I heard a "yelp" from the kitchen. Apparently there was an accident while Matt was doing the dishes...and now my beloved "Macaroni Spoon" is no more.

Few may know of the innate love I had for such a spoon. As a child, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (now lovingly referred to as "Yellow Death") held a sort of magic that was partaken of for dinner every other Sunday evening. I loved the taste, the smell & the sound of it being stirred by this Special Spoon in a pot with a near-corresponding Avocado Green Finish.

When I was married, I inherited this treasure. I was humbled & honored to accept such an heirloom. By then, it had acquired a burnt handle & chipped corner, but I loved it still the same. (Funny, Matt did not carry the same emotion as I.) Over the years, knowing the end would someday draw near, I searched for it's replacement casually in a "Bed, Bath & Beyond" or "Target," never finding anything that matched it's (perhaps?) plastic substance & flat edge. Now, the thought of a replacement seems rude & unfeeling.

Dear Macaroni Spoon...you will be missed.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

May your spoon rest in peace.

Take a look at our blog,

EasterbrookEdition.blogspot.com

Carrie L said...

Oh, how sad. Maybe you should bury it in the backyard with Blue Boy the Bird. Come to think of it, now that Mom and Dad re-did the backyard,is he still there?