Monday, September 15, 2008

Aw, Rats!

I will preface this with the statement of:
I don't read.
Sure, I know how to read, but I'm not a book reader. Haven't been since I had to read for school. While the only books I've read in the past few years focused on topics such as, "Pre-Conception Preparation," "Demystifying Infertility," "Prenatal Diets," or "Outsmarting the Post-Pregnancy Fat Cell," it isn't much wonder why I haven't been too excited to delve into the pages of those books.
I surprisingly haven't felt too "left out" of the circle of gabbing book-lovers. Reading just wasn't for me. I'm by nature an extreme multi-tasker. So the fact that I can't easily read while I fold laundry or make dinner or some other fun crafty project like I can while watching TV, has really unremorsefully kept me from it. Plus, if I don't do something while watching TV (or reading...even the scriptures...ouch, but true) I have a tendency to fall asleep. Then I undoubtedly wake with a kink in my neck. No fun if you ask me. Reading just made me feel so...unproductive.
But, like I said, I haven't felt "left out" from conversations of those who read.
That is, until now.Rats. I'm hooked. Yes. Scoff as you may. I'm just on the first book & only about 5 chapters in. But I can feel my free time slowly start to slip away from me. Matt's annoyed because I keep "Shhshhing" him (is that a word?). If only I could read my Joseph Smith lesson manual with this type of fervor. (Argh). For once in my life, I might actually (gasp!) read the book before I see the movie. I better hurry & catch up on my other blog posts so I can get back to reading. Doh!

5 comments:

kayleen said...

haha gotcha!! I can't wait for that movie. I'm super excited

Anonymous said...

bwwwaaaaahhhhhh! We hooked ya!

Carrie L said...

She reads . . . finally! I told you! So when do you want Harry Potter?

Unknown said...

My daughter keeps wanting me to read this series. I am afraid I will be hooked as bad as I was to Harry Potter!

JoElle said...

I have the same feeling of being unproductive, so I've found many a book on CD that I listen to whenever I have the chance...they're not just for the car.