Thursday, April 3, 2008

ABC... it's easy as 123

Or something like that. I'm not really up on my exact Jackson 5 lyric knowledge.
Since I was included in Melissa's tag and I finally understand what that means (still a blogger newbie here) I think I'll have myself a "go".

A--ADVOCATE FOR: Smiles & Compliments. When I was in Young Womens, I was super shy & a total geek (not to say that I've changed completely). But anytime I had to get up & recite the theme or do the "Spotlight Basket" or whatever...there she was, Sister Schmidt...grinning from ear to ear at me & it made me feel so much better. Not that I think others are nerds & suffer from poor self esteem today, but I try to give smiles & compliments even though I tend to overload sometimes.
B--BEST FEATURE: Teeth. I have big teeth. And I had braces for way too long to not exercise that smile. If I wasn't such a snot I would've worn my retainer every night like a good girl to avoid that silly crooked bottom front tooth. Plus, I come from a rather dental-ly profession inclined family so it would be a disservice to not advertise.
C--COULD DO WITHOUT: Smokers. Honestly...have ya' not figured out that it's bad for you yet? And don't tell me it's hard because Phillip Morris got you addicted.
Oh, and White Pick up Trucks. They always tail me & cut me off and are not very courteous drivers. (No offense to you if you drive one as long as you don't embody those characteristics.)
D--DREAMS AND DESIRES: To see my kids sealed in the temple. Of course having multiple kids needs to be accomplished before this plural sense can happen so I'll say a little prayer for that, too!
E--ESSENTIAL ITEMS: Vaseline or Carmex or some other lip salve before bedtime. I always tend to forget to put this in my toiletry case when traveling & end up having to use whatever tinted lip gloss I have available which makes for a weird looking pillow in the morning.
F--FAVORITE PAST TIME: Watching TV. Yeah, yeah, but it helps me wind down at night without too much thinking involved. But hobby-wise you can add playing fun piano music & cooking yummy food just for kicks.
G--GOOD AT: I used to be good at Portrait & Figure Drawing until my year stint as a caricature artist ruined me & altered my perception (hopefully not) for life.
H--HAVE NEVER TRIED: Skiing. Went to school in Idaho...I practically skied from class to class. Close enough for me!
I--IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: I'd trade for a slightly larger house to accommodate a potentially larger family in the future. The rest would be invested for future use.
J--JUNKIE FOR: Ice Cream. I hear it's hereditary. Of course, most things of a sweet nature are also accepted.
K--KINDRED SPIRIT: Care Bear: My sis, Carrie. Kind of a given. And Melissa & I have some spooky similarities, too. (Say, how's that "Rapunzel" Screenplay comin' along?)
L--LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Matt thinks I'm a nut case because I unconsciously finish one food item on my plate before rotating & starting the next. And I'm a stickler for closing your dresser drawers. It's a safety hazard to leave them open!
M--MEMORABLE MOMENT: Getting my hair cut super short to be Nellie in "South Pacific" about 5 years ago & having my stomach jump in my throat the first time I washed my hair afterwards.
N--NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Eat Sushi if it is Yellow Fin Tuna: the very embodiment of why I didn't want to try Sushi in the first place. Ick!
O--OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: Rather Potent Fruit Punch Kool-Aid. Why?! Although more on the frequent side a couple months ago. I worried that I was actually addicted.
P--PROFESSION: Well, according to the song Kathy Harding & I are practicing for the RS Country Fair in a couple weeks, "I'm an economist, an accountant, a horticulturist & maid. I've been a chauffer, chef a marriage counselor, a pro in commerce & in trade." Sorry, that song has far too many words. To be offical, I am a Piano Teacher & (apparently the Ward) Nanny.
Q--QUOTE: "Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor." -Into the Woods &
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever." - The back of the tag on Spencer's new Mickey Mouse shirt.
R--REASON TO SMILE: I'm finally a SAHM.
S--SORRY ABOUT: In my efforts to make everyone happy, I often say "Yes" & learn that it clashes to another "Yes" to someone else. Oops. I really don't like disappointing people!
T--TAG SOME FRIENDS: I don't think there are many that read this, but if you do...tag...you're it!
U--UNINTERESTED IN: Taxes & monetary investments...generally anything money related. I just pretend I don't have any, which is probably true.
V--VERY SCARED OF: Something happening to Spencer & I won't remember CPR.
W--WORST HABIT: Matt can attest that my name is Naggy von Naggersons.
X--X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: Someplace tropical with a hammock but where I won't get sunburned.
Y--YESTERYEAR DECADE OF CHOICE: Totally the 40's (except for the whole WWII bit.)
Z--ZODIAC SIGN: Virgo which apparently means I'm analytical & a perfectionist. That may be right, but I get from horoscopes about as much as I glean from those little pieces of paper inside your fortune cookie.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

O.K. miss Kindred Spirit. I, too, had braces for a VERY LONG TIME and didn't wear my retainer long enough and have ONE CROOKED TOOTH ON THE BOTTOM! What is it with us?

Carrie L said...

Melissa, we must all be kindred spirits. I too had braces, wore my retainer till my mission and still have one crooked tooth on the bottom! A girl can't be expected to wear a retainer for life, can she? We'll have to meet sometime.

And Anne Banane--I'm happy to be your kindred spirit, even if sometimes I don't know how we are related. And it must be true because people (like Pres. Sheffield) keep getting us mixed up, or at least know we're sisters instantaneously.

You're my fave sister ever!

Unknown said...

Annie, Are you having any luck with Matt closing drawers? I didn't think so... at least you both are not like that! Also, do you know the Sara McGlaughlin song "Ice Cream?" The chorus goes "your love is better than icecream." It's mine and Samuel's song. You should download it!