Monday, February 4, 2008

Thank you, President Hinckley.

Sunday we had a combined Sunday School class remembering President Hinckley. Brother Stanley who taught or moderated the get together, encouraged us to record our thoughts of the Prophet & since I'm not the best at writing in a journal, the blog will have to suffice. I truly enjoyed his memorial services on Saturday & felt so peaceful & happy thinking of the memories he left & the inspiration he was to me.

Ever-adoring anyone with a sense of humor, I relished every joke or witty remark. I also was amazed at his humility & lack of fear in showing emotion. (Something I'm working on. I keep chickening out during Fast & Testimony meeting!) He was so amazing, yet so human!

A favorite memory I have was when he came to the inauguration of President Bednar at the formerly Ricks College. As they closed the ceremony & the Prophet walked side by side with his sweetheart down the aisle of attendees, he'd get excited & rush ahead to shake someone's hand or ruffle the hair of a small boy, yet, he'd always snap back into reality & turn to find poor Marjorie slowly shuffling behind, unable to keep up. He would inevitably rush back to her side because he loved & respected her...even if the pattern kept repeating itself.

I was so happy to hear multiple times during the memorial service how he would often reply when met with a problem that needed solving, "It'll all work out." What a marvelous optimist! How I wish to be that positive! I'm so grateful for his legacy that will be smiled upon through future generations. Thank you, President Hinckley!

No comments: