
Well, I'm happy to say my multi-year quest has ended. Sad to say, however, that my partner in such quest (former co-worker Renee) moved to Georgia while I was on Maternity Leave without bestowal of her new contact info. So Renee, today I announce in your honor, the winner of the best Butternut Squash Soup. It comes in a box from my beloved Trader Joe's. (I could have an entire blog about the delectable delights (and darling daffodils...man, I love alliteration) that come from this hallowed store. And to think, I actually find some really good deals there too!
Renee & I tried Whole Foods, Organic boxed soups, homemade recipes from painstakingly peeled & cubed pan-roasted squash & canned Wolfgang Puck (which was our temporary yet unfulfilled favorite 'til now.) Some were too bland, some were too grainy, some were too runny & some were too chunky. This soup was the best! Thick, smooth, creamy & flavorful. Some might balk at the ginger flavor at the end, but I love ginger so it works for me! Just add a sprinkle of nutmeg on top for looks & we're good to go. Happy day, all is well!
4 comments:
We don't have Trader Joe's here. It's such a bummer :(
Thanks for the heads up -- I can't wait to try it!
Okay, so we tried it. It's, um, not really for us.
It's good but I love the Tomato and Roasted Pepper even more! At the store they gave out samples with French fried onions and Parmesan cheese. Divine!
Post a Comment