Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Palm Desert Trip


How grateful I am that my parents do the Marriott Time Share thing! As Empty Nesters/mostly retireds, they have taken full advantage of their opportunity to travel freely. (They're even going to Japan in March! I'm so glad we convinced my mom to go; thank you, Melissa!)
Graciously, we usually take them up on their offer to visit them on their annual trip to Palm Desert each year. Last year around this time, it was the fateful trip that brought frozen/burst pipes & flooded house, but also a Homeowners Insurance blessing of a new kitchen, floors, etc. This year, Matt has just started his new job training to be a Wells Fargo Personal Banker so Spencer & I went it alone. Just a quick jaunt to a warmer-than-expected Oasis in a Desert I'd never otherwise visit if it weren't for my folks.
It was a feeble attempt to get Spencer to be a little less shy around his grandparents. Even though they're just across town, we usually only see them at our monthly family dinners when the whole gang occupies their attention. Unfortunately, I came to the realization on this trip that Spencer needs a bit more practice sleeping in a place other than his crib in his own room. Wow. (Anyone have advise on that one? I'm thinking of having him take naps in his Pack N' Play in our bedroom.) But, the weather was beautiful & we snagged a few fun pics.
Here, with his Grandma T. in front of what looks like a fake backdrop if I do say so myself. I don't fancy golfing, but have an admiration of pretty green grass. Perhaps next time I'll bring my swimsuit & stay longer so we can do more. But we can't stay too long, or we may become part of the scenery (note the Palm Trees growing out of our heads.) Yup, I'm a nerd.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe your parents are going to Japan! I am so excited and jealous! Will they be in Tokyo? March is the right time for the cherry blossoms down there. So gorgeous! I want to go! Can I stow away in their luggage?

Carrie L said...

Looks like you had a fun time! But Spencer didn't sleep?

Ms. Bananie said...

Spencer slept...eventually. Took him about an hour each night. One day he wouldn't even take one of his naps. He got rather clingy which is unusual for the usually stiff little fella.

Angel said...

I love the very strategic placement of the palm trees. Too funny. I am sorry that you had a hard time with Spencer sleeping. I do recommend setting up his playyard where he sleeps and have him nap in it. Tyler was/is really bad at sleeping anywhere but his crib. Usually before a trip we start transitioning him into his playyard slowly until he is sleeping in there at night also.