
Well, Spencer has reached that 6 month mark and has tiptoed into the world of solids! Hooray! His first week of rice cereal was great; at the start, he even lunged for the spoon. However, by the 2nd week he was thoroughly bored with the taste. (Who could blame him, have you TASTED that stuff? Hello, bland!) Yesterday we brought in his 1st vegetable: the ever-popular Sweet Potato. He loved 'em & downed the whole 2 tablespoons! However, I was rather disappointed when I cooked them up & remembered that they're not orange like Yams. They were more of a grey-ish green. But, rather tasty if I may say so myself. So, an artist at heart, the next veggie I whipped up for him is the carrot because there's no mistaking the color of that one! Perhaps I'm just curious to see what that next diaper will bring. Yes, I'm weird, but if you're reading this, you already knew that.
As for Spencer's other, more table-topic-worthy activities, he can sit up unassisted (but we still linger just in case), he is really active in his crib & we sometimes wonder how he moved his head to where his feed used to be & flipped over on his tummy. He's a definite side sleeper but doesn't like to be under a blanket for long. He still likes to stand up & now rolls over both ways numerous times until he bonks his head on something. Ever since he started solids he brought back "raspberries" as a major form of communication which can be a little messy when uttered during feeding time. Alas, another one of the happy shirt stains of parenthood.
1 comment:
Annie, you are so funny! Watch out--those carrot diapers can be dangerous. Just be careful that the outfit he's wearing is one you don't care about. That's all I have to say :)
Post a Comment