Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Fair is a Veritable Smorgasbord!


Last week we went to the L.A. County Fair. Last time I went, I was 5 years old...I suppose things have changed a bit. New parents that we are, we were excited to show Spencer everything; the animals, the Winter Wonderland with the real snow (Like he really cares!) . Oh well. It helps us get a feel so when he's old enough to care, maybe we'd know what we were doing. And perhaps Matt will remember to put some money in his wallet to avoid the rising cost of ATM fees. (Ouch!) We went with Grandma & Grandpa T. and there were treats to be had by all including, Corn Dogs, Roasted Corn on the Cob, Rice Krispie Treats, Churros, Frozen Lemonade & soft serve ice cream. Yum-O! Not exactly a place for dieters. We were able to avoid (although I was very curious) the "Everything Fried" booth. Perhaps it's a good thing, because fried twinkies, s'mores, Snickers may be a sweet indulgence, but fried avocados sounded a bit odd. Maybe next time. Perhaps it will also be a cooler day so we don't have to spend it in the indoor "trade show" complexes taking in a repetitive view of bad infomercials. But, with fun food & fun family it was a great day!

3 comments:

Angel said...

How fun! We have never gotten around to taking the kids to the L.A. County Fair -- we have been to a few others in the area, but not that one. Maybe we will have to go . . .

Carrie L said...

"smorgasbord
smorgasbord
after the lights
are dim"

Thanks Banan, now I have that song stuck in my head!

Unknown said...

Annie! I love your page! How fun to go to the fair. I remember taking Benjamin to all those things when he was a baby. Such fun! This week I took the kids to the Shiprock Navajo fair. All Indians all the time (maybe Spencers still too young for me to be throwing out Elmo quotes?). It was my first time and it was very interesting. We miss you, wish we could see that boy growing! Love y'all!