Saturday, May 28, 2011

Whoops, I skipped Easter!

Hmm...a bit out of order. That's what happens when you get behind in your posting.

Friday night, Easter week-end, Matt & I drew caricatures at Mormon Prom at the Natural History Museum. I had to train for months to get up to speed since it had been so long since I did one of these things, but it was so fun! I actually liked teenagers for an evening. Our kiddos spent the night at G&G T's & they took them to Chuck E. Cheese's. Spencer is still talking about it & begging us to take him, too. I'd say it was a hit! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!

The next morning was the ward Breakfast/Easter Egg Hunt where we forgot to bring our camera. (Oops.) So we had a little hunt at Grandma & Grandpa's the following day before Easter dinner. Spencer's finally getting good at this; he even stopped to share some findings with Ella. (When she starts walking, then she can participate fully.)I was hoping to get some good family pictures. I even made a dress for Ella, a bow tie for Spencer & a skirt for me! Since I've been more of a decorative sewer as opposed to a functional one, this was a big feat for me & I was excited! Ella's dress was a Retro Ruffle Pillowcase dress found here & Spencer's bow tie pattern found here. I think I made his tie a bit too big, so it looks kinda "clown-y." Ella's dress almost went off without a hitch as I sewed while she slept. Except when I tried to put it over her head the day before Easter & it didn't fit over that big, yet lovely cranium of hers. I had to do a temporary fix which of course, will now probably never be a permanent one. Easter's over & I've moved on. ;^)

Unfortunately, Spencer's been a real stinker lately when it comes to taking pictures & will do as many weird faces as he can come up with as long as they don't involve smiling.
Seen here...
and here...and my personal favorite......silly kiddo.
Love Easter. It's Spencer's favorite scripture story, so we happily read the story 300+ times with him. Ahhh...family, fun & ham, funeral potatoes & deviled eggs. Happy.

No comments: