Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Once again, the month flew by & it's time to reflect on our "Thankfuls." I am thankful:
1) That our kiddos are starting to really enjoy playing together. Ella loves the freedom of crawling around & Spencer is right there on the floor with her, loving every minute. He cries when I pick her up to go put her in her crib for a nap.
2) Spencer is enjoying our lil' Preschool co-op. He's making friends there twice a week & at his Speech class twice a week. His teacher love him & says he is her best student & never complains through all the exercises she puts him through. Yay! There is hope that I will understand him soon.

3) Matt is in a trial run of a new job as an "Artist Assistant." Nothing official yet( & just a few days a week with a long commute) but if it works out, he might get some more networking in the Art field & hopefully find something else art-related. He's still doing his Caricature job at Magic Mountain on Saturdays & Holidays & as a driver for Edible Arrangements on whatever day he has off, so we don't really see him much. But we were able to snag one family day together at the newly re-vamped LA Temple Visitor's Center. Yay!
As for the kiddos...their "Thankful Lists" this year were as follows:

Ella is thankful (we're guessing):
1) For my Mommy & Daddy & Spencer (and NO one else! j/k She's getting better.)
2) That I can crawl around now
3) For Gerber Puffs for teaching me that I can pick up food & string & paper fragments off the floor & put them in my mouth.
4) That my hair is growing long enough for my mom to put a clip in instead of those annoying headbands that I have decided not to tolerate anymore. (Okay, she didn't really say that as much as she emulated it.)
Spencer is thankful:
1) For "Mommy, Daddy, Spencer, Ella" (as he says in evvvvvery prayer.) When he's really feeling the love, he'll proclaim to you, "My no want you to die." He's a tad obsessed with death lately.
2) For Jackson & my Preschool friends & Teachers.
3) That Jesus died for me & that He lives (totally & randomly unprompted.)
4) Yummy food like Strawberry soup

Now...bring on Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

karen said...

your kids are adorable! love Ella's cheeks.

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I miss you, and Ella is the most beautiful child! Can I come there and take pictures of her? I'm so glad you commented on my blog, and I did like Tangled. They did a better job than I thought they would, so that's lovely. Julianna read my Rapunzel book and totally thinks I should get it published. It needs work, though, and who has time for that? If the time ever comes, you are my cover artist!

leah said...

Boedy has really been curious about death and heaven too. Must be the age...