Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June catch up

Sheesh, I feel like I've been severely out of the loop! I finished that "Feel Great in 8" challenge & lost a nice 13 lbs. & got a little more education on living a healthier life. Yay for it, but yay for the opportunity to have ice cream again. (Occasionally, of course.)
Let's play a quick game of catch up, shall we?

June brought:

Cousin Aurora's early b-day/ farewell to TX party with a cute Princely attendee...
Since my sis' & her fam' were moving to TX at the end of the month, we tried to cram in a few things that were privy to the great state of CA.
The nicely temperate Santa Barbara Zoo...(Sure is hard to get a good pic' of a pack of wiggly grandkids.)Ventura beaches...Our E.H. Tippets Family Reunion in Fairfield, CA (Matt stayed home to do his summer stint drawing caricatures at Magic Mountain...gotta work sometime! So, I was chasing after Spencer most of the time. Thus the lack of photos. Some were lovingly borrowed from the internet.)

Sacramento brought a trip to Sutter's Fort (think CA Gold Rush. It reminded me of Nauvoo)...the State Capitol...and the train museum...(oh, Thomas the Train...)Fairfield rendered a visit to the Jelly Belly Factory. Spencer couldn't stop talking about it despite his disgruntled look in this photo.Post-bigger reunion, we had an immediate family reunion vacation in South Lake Tahoe. Sure is hard to keep kids under 4 entertained & happy for that long. It definitely seemed like a loooong trip. Lucky for us the Marriott Time Share had a kids activity center. We spent a lot of time there. There was a cooking class...
And dress ups...
and face painting...
...and only one trip to the hospital. Poor cousin Aurora & her broken wrist. Blast those monkey bars!
Although, on a positive note for Spencer, this trip may have been just the right "out-of-his-element" boost to finally becoming Potty-Trained! Yipee!
All in all, the trip was lots of fun, but man were we glad to be home! Maybe now I'll get a chance to finish reading this...

Can I get a vacation from that vacation? Anyone want to come with me?

2 comments:

The Everts said...

I will so come with you! haha That's what I need to!

Melissa said...

Love your new blog design! It's so cheerful and happy!