Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Everything's cuter with ruffles

I've become a tad obsessed lately with the whole re-purposing craze. I don't really know how to sew properly (or so I've discovered), but I'm picking up a few skills by scouring amazing crafty blogs that you see popping up along my margins.
And so, I bring you...a cutie patootie ruffle cover-up!
(I didn't photograph the steps because I didn't really know what I was doing. Maybe next time.)

*Take one hand-me-down dress. (A bear kissing a bunny. Cute, I guess. But not really my cup o' Celestial Seasonings tea.)
*Chop off the long sleeves, slice 'em into strips, big stich 'em into ruffles & sew 'em over your '80's motif. (Or spit-up stain...we have a bunch of those, too.)

*Voila. Instant "cute-ification."
Stay tuned for more ruffle madness to come. I've been goin' crazy, I tell ya'!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Ruffle it up, girl!

Andrea Le Albee said...

You are so creative Annie!!! I love it!!

Cindy said...

You did a good job for someone just learning to sew. You made a very cute little dress out of that!

Melissa said...

So cute! Show me more!