Saturday, May 29, 2010

Strawberry Festival

For years, I have wanted to go to the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard. I mean, come on. Stawberries? Yum!
A couple weeks ago, I finally went.
Check.
There were a couple of rides open for the kiddos.
A quirky photo-op with some random lady dressed up as a fruit.Strawberry Nachos (They should've used won tons I'm tellin' ya.)Strawberry Pizza (Kinda' bland. Come on, people!)A "Beatles" Wannabe BandAnd about 5 billion more people to wade through than I would've liked. (Slight exaggeration.) The mere fact that it took us over an hour just to get into the parking lot was not a good sign. (Perhaps the hungry, screaming baby in the back seat made it seem even longer.)
But, I went. Good times with Grandparents & cousins. Don't think we'd go again. (I had forgotten how much Porta-Potties give me the Heebie Jeebies.) Perhaps we'll have our own Strawberry 'Iron Chef Challenge' or something & call it a day instead.

No comments: