Monday, January 11, 2010

Ladies & Gentlemen, let the Countdown beGIN!

 Pregnancy Ticker

So, I'm entering that laaaast stretch in Preggo-land. The dreaded 9th month. The month that Labor-Amnesia causes you to forget so you continue to have children. Today I bipassed the Nurse Practitioner & started seeing the "Real Doctor." I'm feelin' the countdown. (Little Miss Ella's head is down, too. Yay.) I think I should be nesting. Probably should've planted those tulip & daffodil bulbs (that've been chillin' in my fridge for months now) a little sooner. My neighbors must've thought I looked pretty goofy last Saturday. Thankfully, Matt fell for the "Hmm...I wonder if this fertilizer is safe for me to handle while expecting a baby" & I ended up getting some assistance. (Sweet! Work it!)
As much as the uncomfortable nature of 9th month-dom would warrant the long walks & spicy food ingestion, I oddly find myself wishing I had more time. Especially when my Dr. today calmly mentions that if my blood pressure starts to spike, she can always induce me a few weeks early. Yikes! No thanks! I'm not that ready! Spencer's not potty trained yet! I still need to stock up on freezer meals! And pack my suitcase. And we still need to make sure that bassinet feature on the Pack N' Play will function properly! (Did I mention that Spencer's not potty trained yet?) Sheesh. No wonder my BP went up today. I need to take a chill pill. Or a Pepcid-AC pill. And maybe some chocolate while I'm at it...

3 comments:

karen said...

Good luck! Don't stress about Spencer. He will when he wants to. The chocolate sounds good though! :)

Unknown said...

It'll all be fine! Deep breaths! And please drop Spencer off anytime you're feeling like you're too tired to function. I can handle it!

Eden said...

Anticipation and anxiety all wrapped into one month! Best way to keep that BP down is to avoid salty foods. I had to do it for a whole month before Flynn came, and he still came early. Have you tried 3-day potty training??? That's the way to do it.