Saturday, January 23, 2010

Big Bro in training

Today was my baby shower. (Phew...glad I made it without going into labor first! Had a lil' scare Thursday night in the Temple!) Thrown by some super sweet gals in my ward. (MANY thanks to Megan, Nikki & poor Keri whose family came down with some crummy viruses.) To honor the occasion, Matt thought it would be fun to take a picture of my mondo belly for documentation purposes. (Somehow, I'm never too fond of photos past a certain point in pregnancy. Okay. I don't think I'm ever too fond of being in photos period.) We snagged one of Spencer being nice to Ella. Let's hope this continues. I'm still not sure if he really comprehends that there is a real baby in there. (He is convinced that my belly button is her "nose.") I've decided that in order to make Spencer like her, I tell him that Ella thinks he is really "funny." That word always makes Spencer giggle, so hopefully it will make him want to be nice to her. We'll see...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got some pictures I'll email to you this week. Good luck tomorrow!

megan said...

You are too cute. I'll be tihinking of you tomorrow. Hope Ella has a safe, uneventful arrival. Did you ever consider "Fitz" as a middle name for her?

megan said...

That's "thinking". Not sure what "tihinking" is, but it sounds fun.

Megan said...

It was such a fun shower! Such a fun crowd! Can't wait to hear all about Ella's arrival!

Eden said...

If it weren't for that watermelon under your shirt I'd never know you were pregnant. You look great and Spencer is going to be the best big bro.