Yup, I'm a tad behind. A couple Saturday's ago I read of some free Christmas fun in the parking lot of the "Target" Shopping Center. (You know me & "free.") Yes, to my great pleasure, this included a free "jazzed up" 5 x 7 photo with Santa. Woo Hoo! Take that, you overpriced Mall packages! I've defeated you once again!I, am apparently not the only one that likes "free" so there was quite a long line. (Shoulda' gone sooner) but worth it in the end. Santa even had a bowl of See's Candy suckers next to him so he could hand each kid a treat. You'll note that due to this fact, he had to grip Spencer with both hands in the picture. Spencer doesn't quite seem to care if there's a wrapper on candy. His ferocious animal teeth can rip through virtually anything. Yes, anything. Maybe if I'm lucky, we can score some big bucks & get him in the next Twillight movie. We were also reminded during our wait that telling him to "Smile" for a picture produces this pained expression.Anyhoo, Santa was great, but what made the day (at least the long wait in line) was Santa's Elf who happened to be on stilts, strolling down the line singing silly Christmas songs on his ukelele & crackin' jokes. He must really love his job! (Too bad he wasn't at that line for the Swine Flu shot the day before!) As we were leaving, he asked if Spencer had any requests for a Song.) I jokingly said, "Not unless you know anything from Mary Poppins. Ha ha ha." Sure enough, he presented us with our own personal concert of songs, proving that Spencer is still not over this whole "Mary Poppins" craze. Spencer danced & jumped around in circles in front of everyone like a crazy man. (That's-a my boy!) Speaking of a little crazy song & dance, I happened to snag this little clip from a FB friend. Looks like Conan O' Brian was pokin' a lil' fun at us Mormons. Ha! He's a riot all right! I'm always up for a good laugh (even if this wasn't completely accurate info.) as long as it's nice!
And what would a blog post be without a little felt. Here are a trio of softie ornaments I made for our annual Ornament exchange a few weeks back. I'm a sucker for things with cute faces. Hope you're all getting into the Spirit of the Season!
I recognize that Santa! He's visited the preschool my boys went to. I like him. Can't say I've ever seen a tall elf before. And why do people always mix Mormons up with Amish? Funny, though. Cute ornaments, too.
6 comments:
I recognize that Santa! He's visited the preschool my boys went to. I like him.
Can't say I've ever seen a tall elf before. And why do people always mix Mormons up with Amish? Funny, though. Cute ornaments, too.
That was a funny song about Mormons. But since when have you ever seen the Mormon Tabernacle Choir wearing robes? Yeah--they have a lot to learn.
I didn't know you had a blog. So instead of stalking you, I'm telling you, I'm adding you to my blog list.
Awesome job Sunday at the Stake Christmas program. You are an amazing pianist.
Love that Santa -- he is the best. He visited Ty's preschool yesterday, and he is the same one who came when Megan and Nathan were there.
That Conan clip is hilarious!
Haha love Spencer's pained expression! Great pictures as always Annie!! Mele Kalikimaka!
Post a Comment