We did it! We lived to tell the tale. We didn't even have to check the lost & found for our kiddo.
We survived Disneyland & the blistering 103+ heat.
I, being a little over-excited for this event (not having been in over 6 years) decided to commemorate it with a little applique on an old shirt.

Now, let me tell ya'! Tuesday is an awesome day to go! The longest line was about 20 minutes! We were worried about Spencer standing "still" for lines & after the first 2, we understood why. (I even had to remind Matt that ya' still need to hold the end of the leash for it to prove effective.) However, after that...Spencer got the hang of it, and it was FABULOUS! Truly a magical day. We went on virtually
every ride we had hoped.
Met a few characters. (Thanks Pluto for directing my child's wandering head towards the camera!)

Enjoyed the hands-on experiences. (Spencer was in heaven. Finally, buttons he was allowed to
push!)

Took 5 billion photos (even if only a small handful turned out.)

The piece de resistance:
Mary Poppins & Bert! I would have cried if I hadn't sweat out all my tears.

We happened to stumble upon them finishing a show in front of the castle, then...um...kind of stalked them for a photo. Mary told us to wait for their next show, then we had to stalk them again. I realized that Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way, because she doesn't even perspire. In
that costume? How is this possible?!
The parade was a blast. When they pulled some of the crowd into the show to dance, Spencer made a bee-line to Woody & proceeded to bust a move.

Mary & Bert even just happened to spend 5 minutes of the parade dancing right in front of us! Parades are SO much more fun with kids!
Spencer made it through the day without a nap, but at the end, he was going,
going....

gone.

We managed to get his pj's on before we put him in the car for the ride home. He was OUT!
So glad our Disneyland trip was a dream come true. Plus, not a sunburn in sight!
Now...when can we go again?
4 comments:
Yay -- what fun! I love Disneyland, except for the long lines, the heat, the exorbitant prices, the stress, the chasing the kids around . . . but I love everything else!
I'm so happy that you had a fun time! You even met so many characters!! I hope some of my advice helped! I forgot to tell you, usually after dinner, I put the kids PJs on. lol It IS more fun (and tiring) with kids!!
Wow, that looks like a new parade. They never pulled people in to dance when we were there! So glad you got to see Mary Poppins!
Those pictures are priceless!!! He got to dance with Woody AND meet Mary Poppins! What a great trip.
Post a Comment