Last week we were able to slip away to San Diego to celebrate our 10th Anniverary. (Many many thanks to Grandma & Grandpa T. for babysitting & allowing us a more "grown-up" trip with one less bag of Goldfish crackers to pack. Well...maybe not. Matt likes them, too.)
10 years ago we started our eternal journey as Mr. & Mrs.

Fast forward to 2009: we were able to go back to where it all happened. I believe our session was even the same time as when we were sealed, thanks to cooperative traffic.) 10 years older, a little wiser, a few more wrinkles and...dang! Where did my skinny arms go? Grr.
We checked into our hotel that...um...needed a little help, but had FREE breakfast. Plus, I thought the lobby was nicely furnished! (I apologize for so many pictures of me. I promise I'm not that vain; Matt really insists on photos having "human interest." I just wish I wasn't the "human" involved.) Do ya' dig the neat pillows?
Then we headed to Balboa Park. (All these years, I had no idea that everything was so close!) I might even call this place a photographers dream. Oh, the architecture! WOW! Here's my sad attempt at trying to follow Matt's direction to look "artsy."

The Fountain Nearby:
Our Complimentary (yes...FREEEEE & super yummy) dessert because it was our Anniversary. Tahitian Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Flan. (Note all these really good looking pictures were snagged off the internet; proving that lack of human interest can actually be a really good idea.)
The next day we headed to the Hotel Del Coronado so I could pretend we stayed there. What can I say? I like good lookin' things. (Oh, and the hotel was pretty awesome, too.)
5 comments:
Yay -- I am so glad that you got away!!! Good for you. It sounds like you had an amazing time. Happy (late) anniversary!
Congratulations! You guys look just as cute and wonderful as you did on your wedding day.
You just look so purdy!! Congrats on 10 years.
Congrats! I wish I could've come on that trip (so fun!)...I would've even brought my own goldfish!
Woohoo- the big 10! Way to go. I'm glad you got to enjoy our hometown- it is fun huh. You still look so cute together. Glad you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment