Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Whoops, where did May go?

Looks like I wasn't on top of my journaling & skipped a few things last month.
Earlier in the month, Matt had his first "Father/Son" outing with Spencer & took him to Magic Mountain. It was a little weird not running around after a very "fast & curious" toddler for a good portion of a day...but it was reeeeally nice, too!
We haven't seen any Loony Tunes cartoons yet, so Spencer was probably a little confused at these big goofy lookin' characters, but apparently it went well.
After all, they're a lot cuter than that creepy old guy from their commercials. (Never quite understood the marketing behind that one.)
Spence & I went to the LA Zoo with some friends & got a picture with one of Spencer's latest favorite animals, the "Weewa" (Zebra) who is the joyful equivalent to the "Roar Roar" (Lion). Those 2 "Little People" toy versions always travel as a pair at our house.
We finally broke out Spencer's awesome inflata-pool which turned out to be a lot more awesome in the picture on the outside of the box than in it's actual inflated glory. Oh well.
And after nearly 9 years of living in this house & always wanting to do so, we finally had a picnic dinner at the park down the street.
Come on guys, show a little excitement. (Perhaps they were frightened by the ominous-looking shadow that was quickly approaching.)

Oh, and I got a big ol' haircut. And this time I actually didn't ask for it to be short. Go fig. (Matt's still mad at me.) I'm still...um...trying to make it work.So, that's May for ya'. Now, bring on the Summer fun!

2 comments:

Angel said...

SuPeR cute hair! Are you loving it? I am SO tempted to chop mine. . .

leah said...

I lOVE your hair! And that pic of spencer with the old man is so hilarious. Creepy!