Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day!

Oh, what fun! Love those days that are designated to a dose of good family time! Matt celebrated yesterday with a nice nap with Spencer. (Or, Matt napped. Spencer's not really into sleeping these days. More on that later...)It's been a few years since I made Matt's favorite meal, so I pulled out all the stops. I found some new recipes online & it actually turned out so yummy, I didn't even want to eat the baked potato because it seemed so sub par compared to the rest of the food that I didn't want to spoil it.
The recipes were a hit, so I have to share to those who're interested:

Texas Pork Spareribs (I used Babyback & scaled it down, because I wasn't feeding an army.)
Milk Boiled Corn on the Cob (sounded weird, but...oh...so good.)
Smokehouse Garlic Bread (as featured in the Ward Cookbook)
Raspberry Lemonade (I used this lemonade recipe, then added a handful o' kinda mashed berries.)
Oh, and Baked potatoes. But, I just cooked 'em in the microwave, testing the "Baked Potato" button. Nothin' fancy there, but an honorable mention.

Happy Father's Day to my sweet hubbie who is a great dad who provides for our family & still wants to come home & play with our little Spencer Pants! I love you, Matt!
And Happy Father's Day to my dad who really is a SuperDad (and Grandpa!). I owe all my corny-ness to you!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love your dad in the Superman costume! I will have to check out those recipes. By the way, at Costco tonight I saw a Martha Stewart cookbook dedicated entirely to cupcakes and thought of you! (You would seriously love this book. It has the coolest cupcakes ever!)