He chose pie. Not just any pie; his favorite, Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie.It seemed like a good idea. (Did I forget that I don't make pies? Or at least the ever-daunting pie crust?)
I gave it a shot, & this is what I came up with.
Kind of hard to discreetly test the finished product, so I don't know if it tasted any good. (I'm not normally accustomed to making anything with rhubarb.) I'm certain it wouldn't win any Country Fair Bakeoff, but I sure had fun making that stereotypical lattice crust! I guess I should've tested the baking process before since it kind of defeats the purpose to issue a, "Happy Birthday! Here's some nasty pie!" Hope it worked!
On another "sweet" note, last night we decided it was time we let Spencer delve into his Chocolate Easter Bunny.
Most of our dessert-eating is done after he has gone to bed. It's not (just) that I don't want to share, I mainly don't want to unleash a hidden monster."This will make a great picture," we thought. A classic memory. "Let's get the camera." As the uptight mom that I am, I insisted we change him into an old shirt that would for sure accumulate an array of chocolate smudgery (yes, I make up my own vocabulary sometimes.) Once we were ready, I got the camera set up for that Kodak moment, when Spencer knocked the boxed bunny out of Matt's hands before he could even take it out, and in approximately 2.3 seconds, he had devoured nearly all of the bunny. Or at least he decapitated it, leaving nothing but...paws.
Yup, that's-a my boy!
3 comments:
Smudgery. I love it. By the way, I admonish you to turn off your flash, especially when shooting still subjects. Next time, just move your pie close to a window and try to hold the camera really still. Even though your picture is blurry, it has a much nicer feel to it than if you had used flash. Trust me. I'm a professional :)
Oh good! I knew you had a solution up your sleeve!
I always try to eat dessert after Boedy goes to bed too, but Toby never remembers that unspoken rule...not even before dinner time.
Post a Comment