Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Huntintgon Library FREE day.

Have ya' noticed that I love things with the word "FREE" in them?
There are quite a few hidden free things in the LA area (or usually any museum in any area) & I intend to take advantage of all of them! (Or all that seems fun to me, until Spencer can speak up for himself.)
Last Thursday morning I went with my sis & our friend JoElle & their combined 4 girls to the lovely Huntington Library & Gardens. On the 1st day of each month, you can register for tickets for their FREE day on the First Thursday of the following month. You can find info here. The gardens were gorgeous. Roses, wisteria...sigh. We didn't end up making it to the art museum part to see classics like "Blue Boy & Pinkie" (I will go back to see those!) As a kid, I named my pet parakeet "Blue Boy." (I believe we've already established my level of nerdiness...need I mention our fish were named after Greek & Roman gods & godesses?)
The highlight of course was the Children's garden where Spencer had a hay day playing in the water fountains. THANK you, JoElle for the recommendation to bring an extra set of clothes. Hooray for FREE!

2 comments:

Angel said...

Excellent idea Annie! We used to go to The Gardens all the time when we lived in Arcadia, but I haven't been since we moved. I am definitely going to take the kids. I love free days. We just got back from the free day at the Natural History Museum. Lots of fun, but I am pooped.

Carrie L said...

How do you get such cute pictures? All mine turned out with just the back of Aurora with her pants falling down! And what did we name our fish? I don't remember.