Friday, December 5, 2008
Girls are fun
So, with my crafting season in full swing, I thought I might try something new: actually making something for a baby shower gift. As a recently proclaimed "felt fanatic," I first tried making my own ornament for an Ornament/Cookie Exchange party. (Thanks, Angel. The ladies of the ward look forward to this each year.) No photo proof, but it was fast & fun. Then, I decided to have a go at the handmade baby shower-ing. Girls are more fun to get crafty with. (In my opinion. Spencer might look a bit silly wearing a flower headband.) Here are the barrettes I made for baby Stella:
How hard can it be, right? (Famous last words.) While they weren't hard to make, it proved still to difficult for my feeble brain to comprehend & as I was wrapping up the gift, I realized all too late that when actually on the little girl's head...one barrette would look upside down. Sigh. I was feeling reeeally lame by this point, but it was too late to fix so I just hoped the mom would forgive me. Maybe I just need to think it through a little better before I scramble to make something. Next time I'll practice before I give it away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are so cute! I am always amazed at your craftiness! Maybe you should sell stuff on etsy.
Wow- you should start a business! Cute
Post a Comment