I just started getting the Williams-Sonoma Catalog & saw this on the cover: Pecan-Pumpkin Filled Pancakes
and thought, "This recipe has my name ALL over it!" However, I was missing a couple key components: their $40 Ebelskiver Pan (Hopefully those who've been to Solvang have partaken of those tasty treats.)
and their jar of Pecan Pumpkin Butter.
Then last week I gleefully found a knock-off at Big Lots for only $10.
However...after 2 hours of making these puppies...I'm not sure it was even worth the $10. Maybe if I keep practicing...Yet, I was pleasantly surprised with the Maple-Pecan Pumpkin Butter I was able to make using my new Birthday/Christmas/Anniversary/Valentine's Day/ "I'm-in-the-Doghouse-because-I-broke-the old one" present: the BlendTec Blender.
I know...I pride myself in being cheap. But...Michele convinced me...it grinds wheat into flour...it's a food storage investment...um...the warranty's really long & I didn't want to have to buy another blender in 3 years...um...the company's based in Orem, so I must be supporting an LDS owned company...
But I'm having soooo much fun making yummy soups, smoothies & pina colada's, and now Maple-Pecan Pumpkin Butter.
So, if my ebelskiver attempt didn't look as pretty as Williams Sonoma's, at least I got me some pretty good Pumpkin Butter!
4 comments:
No way -- you got a Blendtec? How cool is that? I have been dying to get my hands on one, but I just can't seem to justify it. Are you just loving it?
Wow, you got THAT blender? I've seen really cool blender demonstrations at Costco, but I'm not sure they're as good as the one you have. I'm jealous.
Sorry, but I'm blog stalking right now. Hey, I'm glad you got it! It's funny that it calculates how many times you use it. We are almost in the 200's and have only had it for 3 months.
Annie, they have really good pumpkin butter at Trader Joes.
Post a Comment