Sunday, November 16, 2008

Food snobs of the world, unite!

Back once again to the Williams Sonoma Catalog. This recipe was simply delicious! (Had to make sure I made it on a day Matt had off, though. Babysitter required.)
Kerchief Pasta with Caramelized Squash & Fresh Herbs
Oh. Heaven.
I've longed to make fresh pasta ever since we moved back into our house with the granite countertops void of grout lines!
(However...that part was still...way too much work. Especially since I don't have a pasta machine. We'll just say my pasta was a bit "hearty.") I recommend buying the fresh pasta from the grocery store...only if it's on sale or if you have a coupon. If you must, I guess regular dried pasta would do, too. (sigh)
I love this time of year, when I start to devour my Thanksgiving gourdy-decorations one by one. This recipe called for Butternut Squash.
2 other ingredients categorized in the food-snobbery department include: shallots & fresh sage. (& fresh parsley, but I used the dried stuff.) I don't know why...but shallots are really good. Sweet, buttery & way better than regular ol' onions. Worth the splurge.
And honestly, any recipe that issues forth caramelized anything is okay in my book. It was so good in fact, I even overheard Matt telling his parents over the phone about it.
Matt!
Liked a meal without red meat!
Maybe the end of the world is upon us after all!

3 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds super yummy. I have never attempted to make pasta -- is it super hard?

Melissa said...

That is hilarious! And I agree about the carmel :)

Carrie L said...

Yum-O! Why didn't you call me for the pasta machine? And to try the leftovers, if there were any!