Monday, September 15, 2008

Just FELT I should share...

Yup, can you feel the "dad" jokes flow? I have discovered a new medium. Felt. I've always been a paper person. Much to the dismay of my mother, I don't sew. Or read. Whose child am I?! (However...I did both sew and read in the same week...so you should be proud mom. An unimaginable feat...the sewing & reading part. I'm not saying I don't think you're proud of me. Anyway...) My first banner I tried while trying to glean from the ideas of the Cute Craft Queen/goddess Mique, was for Aurora's B-day. Paper of course. If I knew how to sew & if I owned any cute fabric I might try something more permanent. Then, last week I had an epiphany. Felt might not be too hard. It's in the same category as fabric & I can still cut it with scissors while sitting on the couch watching reruns of "The Office."
So, the next b-day recipient/Guinea Pig was my Auntie Sue. With the dip in temperatures last week I got the itch for fall. (Already broke down & sauteed some cinnamon apples this weekend in fact. Mmmm.) Fall's my all time favorite. The smell, the colors, Halloween. The fact that it signals the onslaught of Christmas music...
So here it is...I know, I just said I love Fall. But if I did a banner with just 4 letters, someone might feel gypped. It was a fun project. All hail free fonts & leaf dingbats. And minimal usage of the sewing machine. (When I pulled it out & dusted it off, however I briefly panicked because it had been left un-threaded. Luckily I miraculously remembered how to do that part & didn't have to call my mom.)
I'm actually pretty pleased with the results for once! (Except for a little Harry Potter vibe I'm gettin' from the middle.) I have a feeling I'm about to go crafty again! (After I finish "Twilight" of course.)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I wish I lived near you and could partake of your craftiness. Alas, I do not. I shall lament for a moment, but then I shall recover. Gosh, I wish I were crafty, too.

Carrie L said...

Hey, I live near you. When do I get to partake of your craftiness?

karen said...

I need to come back to get in on the craftiness! I love it!