We've been getting a few of those lately. I'll ask Matt, "Were you friends with them in the Singles Ward or something?" We can usually narrow it down to, "I kind of know who the dad is."
This wasn't the case for the following. But I didn't really know the couple & there wasn't a helpful Registry notification included with the invite...so I wasn't sure what the young lovebirds would like.
So, I present to you my all-purpose-wedding-gift-for-people-you-don't-know-&-therefore -aren't-that- excited-to-go-spend-money-on.
(No offense of course. And yes, I know you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but that wasn't really a real sentence either.)
Here was the invitation:
And here it is: "The Date Jar."
Well, maybe newlyweds have other ideas with how to spend their free time. Perhaps it will come in handy in the near future.
I haven't ever received a thank you note, so I don't know if they even go over well, or if it's really a lame idea & I just spent too many years teaching in the Young Women organization making "Journal Jars" & the like.
My folks always give "Emergency Preparedness Kits" for wedding gifts, which I thought was pretty boring growing up, but would love to get one, now!
Anyone else have any ideas for wedding gifts?
13 comments:
cool ides...how did you come up with so many date ideas in the jar?
Ahh...the neverending resources of the internet.
Google search/ lds date ideas or cheap date ideas. Saved it in Word & change the names for each new bride & groom & Bingo!
What a great idea!
What a neat idea! Where did you get all the ideas from -- were you creative or did you steal them online?
I hate when you get an invitation to someones wedding that you don't know. I know its a celebration for the parents too, but if I have to introduce myself to the bride AND groom, I feel pretty silly.
Hey, Annie, I, uh, could really use a jar like that ...
-Roy
I agree with JoElle. The stake directory should not be used as an invite list. But the date jar is a fantastic idea, even if they don't realize it now, because in a few years or maybe months, they'll think a date is just a dried fruit.
LOVE this idea.
Hope you don't mind- I linked it to my 30days blog (you might get a lot of visitors...let me know if you want me to take it off).
I got this link from 30days - LOVE that idea!
I found it from 30 days blog too. Do you mind sharing your ideas? I would love some fun ideas for dates for my hubby and me!
I would love a copy of your dates. I am doing an enrichment next month on marriage and dating. I am going to give this away as a door prize. You can email me a copy of it if you don't mind sharing.
mlz01@hotmail.com
www.memoriesbymindy.com
I love the idea. Could I also get a copy of the date ideas that were put into the container. It would save me a lot of time. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
deseret.nau@gmail.com
It's so lame that you never got a thank you. My pet peeve in life. PEOPLE - SEND A THANK YOU NOTE! SHEESH! End rant.
Love the jar. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment