As I have found myself completely free (if not very...um...deflated) from Nursing for quite a few months now, recent new family and ward member additions have caused me to reminisce on what has already begun to fade from my "Momnesia"-plagued mind.
True, I fully intend to breastfeed (although I do prefer the term "nurse" because for some reason I find it less visual; and I was definitely a very modest Nursing Mother) any future children due to the numerous benefits involved, I feel the need to record a few Pro's & Con's. While the Pro's will always outweigh such Con's, I believe I will one day need a reminder of what's all "part of the game" so I don't feel like such a freak of nature when they occur again. (Similar reminders may also be recorded on behalf of the Childbirth & Postpartum process. However, I feel I may already be too jaded by my memory repression to record them.)
With the obvious Pro being of course: Nursing is healthy for your baby & a great barrier against illness & allergies, I present to you my take on the experience. (You may click to enlarge if you are blind like me.)
If discouraged, I promise to go back up to the top & read the Pro's again.So....what are your Pro's & Con's????
3 comments:
Oh Annie, I agree with everything you've said here. Although I am not even lucky enough to get feminine curves. The greatest thing I can ever say is that I'm finally filling out my double As, and that is not anything to brag about! I'm looking forward to not nursing any more, though, I must say.
I finally linked your blog on my blog so now I can always check it! AMEN to your nursing post. It hasn't been my favorite thing either. I'm glad to join your crowd of being done with it for a while starting next week! (I begin the weaning process...wish me luck!)
I saw you did cake toppers for your son's first birthday. Can you tell me how you made them? My daughter is going to be one in a couple of weeks and I am going to make cupcakes. I was thinking that the toppers spelling out "Happy Birthday Mabry" would be awesome. I just wondered if you had any suggestions for making them?? Thanks so much!
Post a Comment