We just returned from our Reunion in Tahoe! Hooray! Besides coming to the realization that long car trips with squirmy toddlers and uniquely-shaped sofa beds are not necessarily my favorite things, it was a totally fun trip! Who can argue with fun times with family amidst a gorgeous Nature-ific backdrop & partaking of ice cream nearly EVERY day!
Sadly, I was not my usual picture-taking self (probably because I was trying to keep Spencer from eating dirt) and we came home with a mere 6 pictures: none of which showed any hint that we were amidst forests & lakes or any place other than the normal park or pool.
Nonetheless, here are the ones that work...
We are a Hap-py Fam-i-ly! (well, the small portion that made it to the reunion, that is.)

Lovin' the pool with Dad! (I tried to get back far enough to get the pine trees in the background; but to no avail.)

Spencer telling me without words that he isn't sure he's ready to lose that 1st nap.

The big excitement of the trip was the Dinner Cruise Saturday night. However, the new mayor of Tahoe decided to block off the Main Street for a "Welcome Summer" festival that day & we were stuck in traffic for an hour in what should've taken us 3 minutes & barely made it. One family didn't make it in time & missed the boat by about 5 minutes. Super Crummy. For those of us that made it, the dinner entertainment was a Theater group, fully costumed, singing excerpts from "Showboat." Now I've had "Can't Help Lovin' that Man" stuck in my head for the past 4 days. Yay!
The reunions always seem too short. (Probably because we always have to spend 2 solid days driving!) Spencer, for the most part slept great in the Pack n' Play (SUCCESS after months of training) although he oddly woke up before 6:30 each day, so he has now been nicknamed "Rooster."

Glad it appears to be just a vacation fluke. Glad to be back. Hopefully I'll have more photos to post soon...hint hint mom & dad...
1 comment:
I love how in the group shot that Matt's head is perfectly placed right behind your dads. . .
Sounds like you had a good time. Welcome back!
Post a Comment