Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pinewood Derby, here we come!

While the Gladdens relaxed on the shores of Hawaii, we watched their kiddos & took them to their first Pinewood Derby. (The last one we attended was an Elder's Quorum Activity during Matt's 1st round in the EQP where he had failed to decorate his car & appointed me to do it for him. Happily, I wrapped the block in sparkly pink wrapping paper & tied a fluffy pink bow around it. Much to my great surprise, it even won a couple rounds!)
Matt's now the Assistant Cub Scout...somethin' or other, so he was supposed to go anyway & since he gets home too late, I took all the kiddos with me & waited for him to arrive. Here are a few pic's of the evening.

Spencer trying to get a better view.
Megan & Nathan ingesting Red Vines & Soda. (Must they give children sugar at these functions? Can't they serve a fruit platter or somethin'?)
Nathan racing his "Comet" Car.
Tyler having his own race with...somebody else's car until we hear a faint, "Hey, who took my car?" in the background.
Megan givin' a little "Hello."
Spencer watching Nathan watching cars.
Tyler counting cars until I was sternly instructed that children are not to touch cars. (Sorry, I'm a PWD newbie.)
Nathan & Megan behind the scenes...
Nathan received an award for "Most Unsual." (Car, that is.)
Cub Scout Mania!

It was a fun & exciting evening. I'm excited that I get to wait another 7 years before I go again.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Annie, I loved that you made Matt's car pink with a bow! That is classic!

Angel said...

Yay -- thanks for the pictures. . .and for dragging the kids around. . .and for finding more patience than you thought you had. . .and for not killing them! I would love to get a CD of those pictures!