Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter at the Easterbrooks!

It's been an oober busy couple of weeks & I was really looking forward to Easter being over, with the incentive of a quick sigh of relief before the next busy spell starts up again.

Here's a re-cap:
Spencer's cold apparently turned into a double ear infection making a sad Sunday trip to urgent care. Sad for him & for me because his new insurance card from Matt's new job hadn't arrived yet. (Of course, it arrived the next day.) Thanks to my cousin Ryan's girlfriend who works at CVS & helped with the refund after it arrived!
Good thing that kid loves his Amoxicillin! He had some super sad days & nights leading to another bout of big time separation anxiety. Here we go again! I was so glad when he was himself again & started laughing & turning on the TV & making a mess of the DVD's just like his old self!

Spencer got to experience his first concert at the Stake "Arts" night where I "Boogie Woogie-d, (Bugle Boy)" with Angel & Kathy.
The next day was Easter at my house. I always stress when people are coming over because we often suffer from "Can't Have Anyone over Syndrome" or C.H.A.O.S. as FlyLady calls it. When everyone's gone, I realize it's not a big deal after all & am glad that having company over is the only way I can get Matt to clean up after himself.
Easter is fun in the Spring-y Decorating Department.

Complete with Egg Shaped Lemon Sugar Cookie Placecards.


Or, since it was my Cousin Kayleen's 18th Birthday that day, she got a "Cake" cookie.

In a week, Kayleen gets to go on an awesome student trip to Greece & Rome, so we put together a Scavenger "Egg" Hunt with 18 clues based on her itinerary leading to an egg with a gift inside. I wrote some of them in the wee small hours of the morning, so they were kind of a stretch. Like this one:
The Parthenon built for Athena stands on the Acropolis. Where Yesterday’s leftovers chill, you’ll find an egg on top o’ this.
or this one:
In Athens, your first stop is home to lots of Stadium seating.
Your next egg can be found ‘neath where your bum sits while you’re eating.

It was fun to witness & be a part of. Happy Birthday, Kayleen-y!

Easter's a fun day for taking pictures of the kiddos in bunny ears, too! Spencer didn't enjoy wearing them...
...as much as he enjoyed watching Aurora wear them!

The weather was great for taking pictures outside. (For some reason in this picture I think Spencer looks a little like Jim Bakker that creepy televangelist.) Bad angle, I guess.
He was getting a little hungry for Easter dinner so he decided to munch on the grass.
For dinner, I finally found a Holiday meat that I could cook! (Seeing as I failed miserably at the Turkey a couple years back.) I probably did well at cooking the ham just because it's already cooked and just needed re-heating & a glaze slapped on. Oh well. Happy Easter hugs to everyone!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so funny and creative! The cookie placecards? Holy cow! I wish I weren't so lazy. Then I might attempt things like that. Loved all the pics!

Carrie L said...

Annie, do you know hard it is to live up to being your sis? I've just about given up (you'll notice by Spencer's present tonight).

Ms. Bananie said...

Whatever, Care Bear! Don't get me started, Caramel Apple Queen!