Friday, November 2, 2007

Hooray for Halloween!


Have I mentioned lately how much I loooove Halloween! I hate being scared, but adore fun costumes. Growing up, at every trip to House of Fabrics (now Joann's) with my mom, my sister & I would love to look at the Pattern books & would always flip with lightening speed to the section for Halloween costumes. After seeing the cost of the pre-made costumes this year, I decided to sew my own (with zipper installation help from my mom) "multi-purpose" costume for Spence. He needed a bigger Sleep Sack anyway. I tacked on a yolk & added some devil horns to turn him into...a "Deviled Egg" for the Halloween parties this year.

On actual "Halloween Day", we had my niece Aurora over & she was a spider. Way cute. I popped on their pumpkin hats that G-ma knitted for them. (What a perfectly Grandma thing to do...knit hats for your grandchildren! No offense to those who knit that are not grandmas of course.) I quickly learned the lesson that while 1 child can be tricky to photograph, 2 is even trickier. Like the one where Aurora appears to be saying, "Oh no, Spencer! Don't fall over!" Too late. And I'm starting to think Spencer's not a 'hat' man. At least not for wearing...maybe for eating.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Yay -- good for you for making your a costume for Spencer. I usually do all the sewing, but things just worked out differently this year...

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, how cute are you? A deviled egg. That is just adorable. And yes, the difficulty of photographing children rises exponentially with each child!