Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

There once was a Turkey named Nate,
Who met a predictable fate.

For this time of year

when Thanksgiving is near,

He was sure to wind up on a plate!


Am I corny or what?! Thank you, thank you, I thought of that in the shower getting ready for Thanksgiving Day. Yes, I am a nerd.
Holidays are so much more fun when you have a kid in the house. Spencer wasn't quite sure what to think of the tacky Thanksgiving overload we posed him in. (Thank you, mom for sewing the lovely backdrop quilt.)

Any day now, Spencer will start crawling. He's up on his knees & rocking back & forth, so soon the heavy duty babyproofing will begin.Thanksgiving Day was spent at my Aunt & Uncle's house in Quartz Hill where we got to see the lovely re-modeled back (& front) yards. HeLLO awesome! Complete with a beautiful fountain, a stage, basketball court, shooting range. But the piece de resistance was the fire pit where we toasted gourmet marshmallows. A tradition I could definitely get used to! Yum! I had pumpkin & eggnog flavored marshmallows, and others present were cinnamon, mint, chocolate & strawberry.

The Thanksgiving feast was tasty of course, and we shot a cute pic of Spence on a saddle. Yee Haw!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your limerick! You are so clever! I can't believe how big Spencer is getting. I wish we could be there to see you guys!